As a faith-based non-profit organization, Lake Avenue Community Foundation is unleashing the God-given potential of youth and families in vulnerable communities, providing the tools necessary to thrive academically, emotionally, economically, and spiritually.
Our four key goals with neighborhood youth are:
- Academic Success – to help students excel academically and attend college
- Emotional health – to help students exhibit sound judgment, good problem-solving skills and meet daily challenges that aid in their success and emotional well being
- Economic stability – to help students become economically responsible and stable adults
- Spiritual growth – to help students develop a thriving relationship with God.
The programs we provide for youth and families are:
- STARS After School Programs
- Family Support
- College Readiness
- Kids Reading to Succeed
- SKILLZ Summer School
- Elementary Summer Camp